'Viharvasút' is Hungarian for 'Storm train'.
The ride opened in 1933, and was named "Szellemvonat" ("Ghost Train"). Over time it changed themes and names multiple times. Its last name before being rethemed to its last version was "Viharvasút" ("Storm train").
It got a re-theming in 2009, and reopened as "Túlvilág Kapuja". Vidámpark eventually closed its doors for good in 2013, after which the neighbouring Zoo inherited the land.
While the Zoo did open a temporary park named "Holnemvolt Park" on the site, the ride unfortunately couldn't live to see this, as it was demolished in early 2014 due to its foundation being tilted.
- Viharvasút (1933-2008)
- Tulvilag Kapuja (2009-2013)
Number of vehicles12 vehicles
Seats (per vehicle/theatre)2 seats