Action Theater was a 3D Theater showing various films throughout the years. It consisted of 2 theatres of 74 seats each. The theatres featured a 8 meters tall and 18 meters wide screen.
Originally opened as 'Paramount Action FX Theater' in 1994 when Kings Island was owned by Paramount Parks. The ride was renamed to 'Action Theater' in 2007 after the acquisition of Kings Island by Cedar Fair. One of the two theatres was put out of commision in 2008 to make place for a seasonal Halloween-haunted house called 'Urgent Scare'.
Films shown in the Action Theater:
- Days of Thunder (1994-1997)
- James Bond 007: Licence to Thrill (1998-2000)
- Smash Factory (2001)
- 7th Portal (2001-2002)
- Meteor Attack (2002)
- SpongeBob SquarePants 3D (2003-2010)
- Secrets of the Lost Temple (2003)
- Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera (2006)
On top of these films, several other films were shown during Kings Island's Halloween event:
- Elvira's Superstition (2001-2003 and 2005-2007)
- Dracula's Haunted Castle (2004)
- Funhouse Express (2005-2006)
The motion seats of the second theatre were removed for the 2011 season and replaced by regular seating. This change disqualifies the ride for an entry in the database. The theatre played one more film called Dinosaurs Alive! (2011-2013), before closing permenantly.
Number of vehicles2 vehicles
Seats (per vehicle/theatre)74 seats